You can post messages to Rainbow Dash Network using many kinds of cell phones that support SMS messaging. This site does not support SMS directly; rather, it uses your carrier's email gateway to send and receive messages.
Managing your SMS settings
Use the SMS settings page to set your SMS preferences. You can add or change your SMS number and set the flags for SMS updates.
When you add or change your phone number, you'll receive a message on your phone with a verification code. Enter it into the SMS settings page to confirm that the owner of the phone authorizes sending it messages.
Note that only the carriers listed in the drop down list on the form are supported by Rainbow Dash Network. They're the only ones we know how to make email addresses for.
Once you've verified your phone number, you can enable sending messages to your phone. If you have a lot of friends and a typical phone, it can be hard to keep up.
To send a message, you must send an email to the incoming email address visible on your SMS settings page. The method for sending email from your phone varies from carrier to carrier and from handset to handet; if in doubt, ask your carrier.
Keep your incoming email address a secret -- it's the only way we know you're really you!
You can use the following commands with Rainbow Dash Network.
- on - turn on notifications
- off - turn off notifications
- help - show this help
- follow <nickname> - subscribe to user
- leave <nickname> - unsubscribe from user
- d <nickname> <text> - direct message to user
- get <nickname> - get last notice from user
- whois <nickname> - get profile info on user
- fav <nickname> - add user's last notice as a 'fave'
- stats - get your stats
- stop - same as 'off'
- quit - same as 'off'
- sub <nickname> - same as 'follow'
- unsub <nickname> - same as 'leave'
- last <nickname> - same as 'get'
- on <nickname> - not yet implemented.
- off <nickname> - not yet implemented.
- nudge <nickname> - not yet implemented.
- invite <phone number> - not yet implemented.
- track <word> - not yet implemented.
- untrack <word> - not yet implemented.
- track off - not yet implemented.
- untrack all - not yet implemented.
- tracks - not yet implemented.
- tracking - not yet implemented.