You can post messages to Rainbowdash Network using a Jabber client on your computer, mobile phone, or other platform. (GTalk, Google's Jabber program, will also work.) This can be a convenient way to keep up with your friends on Rainbowdash Network.
Managing your IM settings
Use the IM settings page to set your IM preferences. You can add or change your Jabber address and set the flags for Jabber update.
When you add or change your address, you'll receive a message from update@INVALID SERVER asking you to confirm the change. (You may need to add update@INVALID SERVER to your buddy list before changing your IM settings; this is definitely true for GTalk.)
You send updates by sending messages to update@INVALID SERVER. Messages should be less than 1000 characters; longer messages will be truncated.
You can do some minor management of your account through Jabber. These are the currently-implemented commands:
- on - turn on notifications
- off - turn off notifications
- help - show this help
- follow <nickname> - subscribe to user
- groups - lists the groups you have joined
- subscriptions - list the people you follow
- subscribers - list the people that follow you
- leave <nickname> - unsubscribe from user
- d <nickname> <text> - direct message to user
- get <nickname> - get last notice from user
- whois <nickname> - get profile info on user
- lose <nickname> - force user to stop following you
- fav <nickname> - add user's last notice as a 'fave'
- fav #<notice_id> - add notice with the given id as a 'fave'
- repeat #<notice_id> - repeat a notice with a given id
- repeat <nickname> - repeat the last notice from user
- reply #<notice_id> - reply to notice with a given id
- reply <nickname> - reply to the last notice from user
- join <group> - join group
- login - Get a link to login to the web interface
- drop <group> - leave group
- stats - get your stats
- stop - same as 'off'
- quit - same as 'off'
- sub <nickname> - same as 'follow'
- unsub <nickname> - same as 'leave'
- last <nickname> - same as 'get'
- on <nickname> - not yet implemented.
- off <nickname> - not yet implemented.
- nudge <nickname> - remind a user to update.
- invite <phone number> - not yet implemented.
- track <word> - not yet implemented.
- untrack <word> - not yet implemented.
- track off - not yet implemented.
- untrack all - not yet implemented.
- tracks - not yet implemented.
- tracking - not yet implemented.