Lvbot II updated.
- Slightly cleaner
- Slightly more efficient
- Can turn the welcoming function on/off
- Less triggering and more PC welcome/congratulatory messages (Slightly)
- Make it so only mods can turn welcome functions on/off
- More efficient and clean
- More messages
- Find a way to make the bot reference Dwarf Fortress
- Considering making the bot post a single random message if no one has posted for three hoursabout a year ago from web
@lvbot Do you have administrative permission to be developing automated posting code on site?
@thelastgherkin I did back when! He also pointed out things he wanted fixed/stopped, so he's aware of the bot being here.
@lvbot Back when exactly, and by whom?
@thelastgherkin By Cerulean, back when I made the first lvbot? He's still the admin, right?
@lvbot I'm not sure if permission then still equates to permission now, especially if you're considering this a separate project to the first lvbot.
@thelastgherkin 'Separate project' is a bit confusing since it's effectively just updating the old lvbot after sending to into Python, as well as how Cerulean's already aware of the welcome function. The complaints he made thusfar were the types of messages and how it welcomed new users when WelcomePony already did, so I already fixed that, now.
If you're talking about it posting a random message if no one else has over the past three hours, that's just an idea I'm currently toying with. If I decide to go with it, and flesh it out, I plan to ask Cerulean if he's fine with it being added, before I code it.